Monday, October 11, 2004

I've been surprisingly productive lately. A few weeks ago, I got a job at Starbucks, so I'm finally making money again. I've had tests like crazy lately - in most of my classes, I have tests every 3 weeks, but during the hurricane a lot of them were pushed back, so I had those to make up, and the subsequent ones weren't postponed at all. Fun times, really. As predicted, organic chemistry has, in fact, turned into something of a nightmare, and while I don't mind physics class, the accompanying lab makes me want to cry sometimes.

Not that I'm complaining: I perform at my best when I'm consistently occupied. This way, I never have the opportunity to slide into a pattern of oversleeping and being hungover all the time.

Oh, and I somehow managed to find the time to turn 19.

My birthday was actually Friday, but LSU's fall break was Thursday and Friday and most people went home for the 4-day weekend. So my roommates threw me a party Wednesday night. I couldn't have asked for better friends than the ones I have. Brandon bought me a bottle of Bacardi 151; Mary bought me the LSU football t-shirt I've been wanting since last semester; my roommates bought me condoms. Aaron managed to stumble down the street from the TigerLand bars, where he spends 90 percent of his time these days, to my apartment.

So here's the fun part: I had to work the opening shift at Starbucks at 5 am Thursday, but I didn't let that stop me from getting obscenely drunk Wednesday night. Oh, and on that note - you should try mixing Smirnoff's strawberry vodka with strawberry Kool-Aid. It's incredible. Of course, it was the 151 shots that did me in. But I somehow managed to stay awake the entire night, with Aaron's help. I made it to work almost entirely sober.

posted by Nicole @ 1:55 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nicole: 19-year-old LSU sophomore. biochemistry, pre-med. native new orleanian. starbucks barista. borderline alcoholic. addicted to facebook, red bull and vodka, and college football. a little neurotic, extremely indecisive, and often irresponsible.

dailies
aja
carly
betsy
dc pierson
j-mo & ed
siobhan
this fish
tony pierce

archives

November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
February 2005
May 2005

email me
n lamonte at yahoo dot com