Monday, July 12, 2004

First of all: Happy 21st birthday, Carly! Hope the celebrations are all you've been hoping for.

Have I mentioned lately how fucking cool my friends are? Because they are, really. Lately I've been spending a lot of time with this girl Mary, and it's finally occurring to me how important it is to have positive female friends in my life. Natalia and I have been practically attached at the hip since high school, but to be perfectly honest, our friendship has always been mostly about bar-hopping and meeting boys. Which is fine, I suppose, but she's never been very big on talking about... well, anything. Elise and I can talk sometimes, but there's been a lot of tension between us ever since we moved in together... we have good days and bad days. My closest friendships in the past year have been with guys like Lyle or Sean, and in the past few months, Brandon or Travis. And interestingly enough, when we're alone, Aaron can be one of the best friends I could ever ask for. When our friends are around, that can be a different story, but I'm not going to whine about him tonight.

So imagine my surprise when Mary and I started to get closer and closer. She and I have known each other for a while - she lived in my dorm, and she's always around Steffan and Brandon and Dave. It honestly shocked me when I realized just how much I'd needed a female perspective on certain things.

Of course, I miss the boys who stayed in Baton Rouge like crazy these days. Lyle's birthday is this weekend, and Courtney and I are driving up to see him, and I can't wait to see everyone. I'm a little worried, honestly, about how long it's been. Not to mention the fact that SeanM and NickB are both really caught up in their girlfriends these days, so there's no telling how things will go during that visit.

Diana and NickH are at the Lucky Boys Confusion/Reel Big Fish concert right now, and I am not because I am broke as hell. I am jealous like you would not believe.

posted by Nicole @ 9:51 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nicole: 19-year-old LSU sophomore. biochemistry, pre-med. native new orleanian. starbucks barista. borderline alcoholic. addicted to facebook, red bull and vodka, and college football. a little neurotic, extremely indecisive, and often irresponsible.

dailies
aja
carly
betsy
dc pierson
j-mo & ed
siobhan
this fish
tony pierce

archives

November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
February 2005
May 2005

email me
n lamonte at yahoo dot com