Monday, June 21, 2004

We're in the 9th inning of the College World Series elimination game, and LSU is losing to South Carolina 14-4. I am oh so disappointed with this fact right now.

There are all kinds of stories to tell, but I have things to do at the moment, which I amputting off until the end of this tragic baseball game, so I'm going to make this short for now.

Saturday night at my regular ladies' night bar, Jared pulled me aside saying "we need to talk," which I think is a bit dramatic for a guy I just recently met, who subsequently blew me off. But I let him pull me into a corner and he starts going on and on about how he hopes I'm not angry at him for not calling but that he feels guilty about hitting on me when I'm constantly around a group of 6 or 7 guys. Now I thought that being friends with mostly guys was an advantage in that they would introduce me to friends of theirs such as Jared, but apparently he has made the assumption that all of my friends have some sort of claim to me. What?

But it gets even more bizarre when he tells me, "In all honesty, you make me really nervous." What?? I have a good bit of self-confidence, but I'm no Jennifer Aniston. And okay, I might expect another guy to be apprehensive about coming on to me, but I think I've made it pretty clear that Jared is gorgeous and could probably get any girl in New Orleans. So I told him that I don't buy that story; he insists that I am, in fact, intimidating. Whatever. We ended up having a decent conversation for a few minutes about LSU and roommates and generic topics such as those, but then Travis cut it short by announcing that Ashley's car had been broken into and they had to leave.

So I spent the rest of the night stressing out about the most recent Aaron drama that has been going on, but now is not the time for that.

And Carolina just scored again. If this isn't depressing, I don't know what is.

posted by Nicole @ 4:03 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nicole: 19-year-old LSU sophomore. biochemistry, pre-med. native new orleanian. starbucks barista. borderline alcoholic. addicted to facebook, red bull and vodka, and college football. a little neurotic, extremely indecisive, and often irresponsible.

dailies
aja
carly
betsy
dc pierson
j-mo & ed
siobhan
this fish
tony pierce

archives

November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
February 2005
May 2005

email me
n lamonte at yahoo dot com