Friday, March 26, 2004

At LSU, there is always something going on. Wednesday night I was legitimately doing homework, but Nick had told me that Travis had bought a bottle of everclear and mixed it with Sprite and Gatorade. So when I walked downstairs to get a book out of my car, I passed Travis and Brandon's room on the way and couldn't help but go in to see how they were doing. And before I knew it, I was too involved in the party to go back to my own room.

Making mixed drinks with Everclear can be just as dangerous as shooting it straight. Travis managed to make his drinks that night so that you literally could not taste the alcohol at all. So everyone just kept drinking it, unaware of how hard it was going to hit them later. Travis couldn't stand up by the end of the night. Brandon and Brian somehow made their way to the basement of the dorm next to ours, and started tearing down posters - why, I have no idea - and got written up by that dorm's RA for public intoxication. All on a Wednesday night. Honestly.

Last night at Reggie's, I at least had the sense to turn down the Everclear shots I was being offered. The problem is that they were quickly replaced with shots of 151, and pretty soon I was the one who was practically incapable of standing up. Sometime after Reggie's closed (I still don't understand that concept - bars closing. In New Orleans, the bars don't close until everyone leaves.), we ended up at Brightside apartments in the hot tub. None of us live at Brightside, but we stayed in their hot tub until the sun came up. I vaguely remember having the same conversation with this guy Derek, who was just as drunk as me, over and over again because neither of us realized at the time that we'd already has the same discussion multiple times. I aklso remember refusing to sit down because I wanted to keep my new $95 swimsuit looking new - until someone pulled one of the pool's lounge chairs into the hot tub. Natalia missed all of this - she blacked out and had to be carried back to her apartment.

Just a typical Thursday night, really.

posted by Nicole @ 2:37 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nicole: 19-year-old LSU sophomore. biochemistry, pre-med. native new orleanian. starbucks barista. borderline alcoholic. addicted to facebook, red bull and vodka, and college football. a little neurotic, extremely indecisive, and often irresponsible.

dailies
aja
carly
betsy
dc pierson
j-mo & ed
siobhan
this fish
tony pierce

archives

November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
February 2005
May 2005

email me
n lamonte at yahoo dot com