Thursday, February 12, 2004

The time of year that makes my life complete officially starts tomorrow.

I thought LSU football season was your favorite time of year?

Yeah, that too. But tomorrow is the beginning of Mardi Gras. As soon as my last class ends tomorrow at 12:30, I'm hauling ass back home to New Orleans for the first parade weekend. I won't come back until Sunday night, and then next week I'm going back home again Thursday morning and staying through Mardi Gras day. I'll come back Wednesday morning hungover as hell. I cannot wait.

In case you're thinking that I am a big alcoholic who is giving up school for a crazy holiday: Classes on Lundi Gras, Mardi Gras, and Ash Wednesday are cancelled because anyone who's anyone in Louisiana goes to New Orleans for Mardi Gras season. I rescheduled my only Thursday class for Tuesday, and yeah, I'll miss some classes on Friday, but I legitimately have to make an appearance at a particular krewe's ball Thursday night.

I had to miss more than half of my favorite parades last year because I was working an obscene amount of hours at PJs. I even had to work Mardi Gras Day, and on top of that, Orpheus, my absolute favorite Lundi Gras parade, for which I requested a night off, was rained out. It was depressing, especially considering all of my friends and I wanted to "celebrate our senior year" and whatnot.

I intend on going to about 20 parades this year. I'm stocking up on Bacardi 151, Absolut Vanilla, Bud Light, and Guiness. And oh, just the thought of all the free champagne I'll be having Thursday night maks me happier than you can imagine.

I wonder if MTV is doing another special this year... if they are, I'm going to make it a point to be there. Although Melissa went last year and said that it wasn't really all that it was cracked up to be - dumb New Yorkers and Californians just don't know what they're doing in our city.

I also need to stock up on film...

posted by Nicole @ 5:04 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nicole: 19-year-old LSU sophomore. biochemistry, pre-med. native new orleanian. starbucks barista. borderline alcoholic. addicted to facebook, red bull and vodka, and college football. a little neurotic, extremely indecisive, and often irresponsible.

dailies
aja
carly
betsy
dc pierson
j-mo & ed
siobhan
this fish
tony pierce

archives

November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
February 2005
May 2005

email me
n lamonte at yahoo dot com