Sunday, January 25, 2004

Elise has been broke and busy lately, so while she was in political science class Wednesday night, I went to the bookstore and bought her math book for her - she had been complaining about how she needed to do the homework but didn't have the time or money to buy it while the bookstore was still open. I left it on her bed and went to calculus class, and when I got back to the room she was all smiles. "You're fantastic," she told me. "So I bought you food." Sitting on my desk were a bag of my favorite candy (BriteCrawlers) and a bottle of my favorite drink (Snapple Elements Atomic). I love that we get along this well these days.

I still haven't looked for a job here. I keep saying I'll do it Tuesday, but on Tuesday I will probably be saying that I'll do it on Thursday. This is a very bad thing.

Our fridge seems to have turned itself into a freezer overnight - today I opened a bottle of water only to find that it had turned entirely into ice. Last semester things barely stayed cold enough - we tried to keep ice cream in the compartment that is actually supposed to be a freezer, and it melted in a matter of hours. How is this possible?

Last night I went to a few parties with Natalia and Leslie and Crystal, and it wasn't long before I got bored - the parties they're interested in are always the same, and so monotonous - no one I know, no one I have any desire to meet. Loud music, unlimited beer - these are things that I would love if I were in the right company. But I ended up leaving to spend time with Brad. He made fun of me because I wouldn't admit that I was a little drunk, and we talked about our classes and our friends and our sex lives, and it's nights like those that make me appreciate being low-key every once and a while, as opposed to being incredibly drunk and wild like I tend to be on Monday nights at Reggie's.

Lately it seems like I have no clothes. Tomorrow I'll go to the mall and spend a lot of money that I should probably be saving, and for a week or two I will feel well-dressed again, before falling right back into this habit of hating everything in my closet. I almost miss my high school days of plaid skirts and Doc Martens - I only had to pick out attractive outfits on the weekends.

posted by Nicole @ 2:51 AM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nicole: 19-year-old LSU sophomore. biochemistry, pre-med. native new orleanian. starbucks barista. borderline alcoholic. addicted to facebook, red bull and vodka, and college football. a little neurotic, extremely indecisive, and often irresponsible.

dailies
aja
carly
betsy
dc pierson
j-mo & ed
siobhan
this fish
tony pierce

archives

November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
February 2005
May 2005

email me
n lamonte at yahoo dot com