Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Hello from my dorm's computer lab. I spilled a bottled Frappuccino on my laptop today and now it's completely lifeless. Lovely, right?

This couldn't possibly have happened at a worse time. Finals are less that three weeks away, and I'm horribly, horribly behind in all of my schoolwork. This morning I woke up less than 2 hours before western civ class, read Books 2 and 3 of The Aeneid, wrote a 2-page essay, drank half of a Frappuccino, and ran to class. When I got back to my dorm, I curled up in my bed, reached over to turn on my lamp so that I could read 3 chapters of my biology textbook... and there went the remainder of the morning's coffee. All over my poor laptop's keyboard.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

Classes aren't going all that well these days - my guaranteed A's are slipping through my fingers as I get lazier and go to class hungover more often. I've had this attitude for years now, and I always manage to make things work at the last minute, but... I'm tired of just making things work. I want to be exceptional again. I want to be someone my friends admire, like I used to be. I want a guaranteed spot in top-ranked med schools when I graduate.

And how am I supposed to catch up now with no laptop?

posted by Nicole @ 3:12 PM


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

nicole: 19-year-old LSU sophomore. biochemistry, pre-med. native new orleanian. starbucks barista. borderline alcoholic. addicted to facebook, red bull and vodka, and college football. a little neurotic, extremely indecisive, and often irresponsible.

dailies
aja
carly
betsy
dc pierson
j-mo & ed
siobhan
this fish
tony pierce

archives

November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
February 2005
May 2005

email me
n lamonte at yahoo dot com